Nasal Decongestant. Antihistamine. Analgesic-Antipyretic
Product Information as seen on the packaging: Phenylphrine HCI + Chlorphenamine Maleate + Paracetamol (BIOFLU) Tablet is a blue, coated, capsule-shaped tablet with BIOFLU name on both sides.
This medicine contains Phenylephrine HCI, Chlorphenamine Maleate and Paracetamol.
Phenylephrine HCI, a nasal decongestant, clears obstructed air passages and nasal sinuses due to congestion making breathing easier. It also reduces postnasal drip.
Chlorphenamine Maleate, an anti-allergy, relieves symptoms of allergy such as runny nose, sneezing, and itchy, watery eyes.
Paracetamol is an effective fever reducer and pain reliever. Paracetamol when taken within the recommended dose and duration of treatment, has low incidence of side effects. Skin rashes and minor stomach and intestinal disturbances have been reported.
- Recommended for flu season.
- An over the counter medicine, no prescription from the doctor needed
- You can feel its effectiveness after 15 minutes of taking the tablet. You'll feel the high temperature of your body slowly going back to normal.
- Price is cheap. Available in local pharmacy.
- Some undesirable effects: the Phenylephrine HCI may cause tremor or muscle shaking, restlessness anxiety, insomnia, nervousness, increased blood pressure, palpitation, irregular heartbeat,weakness, respiratory distress.